We provide support in the areas of science, research and teaching to research institutes, universities, and colleges of applied sciences, as well as assisting students from all over Europe with transcribing interviews and analysing data, and with their interdisciplinary communications and scientific publications. And if you didn’t think we understood academic language before, a long-winded sentence like that one should have done the trick at least.
In order to help move your research forward that all-important step, we’ll take care of the transcription of your set of interviews so you can do further analysis; we’ll edit the thesis for your masters or your doctorate; we’ll translate your scientific article.
No matter whether you’re doing qualitative or quantitative research, we know what’s important when we’re working on your project.
Is your research institute increasingly internationally-focused? Do you have regular press releases or entire programmes and courses to translate? We’ll take whatever burdens we can off your shoulders so you can concentrate on what you do best.
Students even benefit from our special student discount of 10 percent. We haven’t forgotten how the end of the month never comes fast enough when you’re a student…
Here are the areas where we support our research and higher education customers:
University and research – products and prices
In German and English
- Interview transcription (two to three participants): 1.69 euro per audio minute
- Interview transcription minutes-style: 1.39 euro per audio minute
- Group discussion transcription (five or more participants): 1.79 euro per audio minute
- Group discussion transcription minutes-style: 1.59 euro per audio minute
- Automated transcription with quick quality control: from 0.79 Euro per audio minute
- Automated transcription with fine quality control: on request, depending on the audio quality.
Separate prices apply for transcriptions in more than 90 other languages and specialised fields.
- Basic detailed transcription from 2.19 euro per audio minute (level of detail in line with Simplified Dresing & Pehl Transcription System)
- For the inclusion of further aspects (including mood/atmosphere and other non-verbal input), an additional surcharge, starting at 0.29 euro per minute, will be charged. Your specific requirements regarding the transcription guidelines apply
- Very detailed transcription from 4.19 euro per audio minute (level of detail in line with GAT Basic Transcription)
- Specific prices for detailed transcriptions upon request, after receipt of audio sample.
- Prices for transcriptions include a quality check by our quality management team.
- Prices are for transcripts of easily understandable audio files with consistently good sound quality and normal speaking speed.
- Prices are subject to our capacities, jargon, dialect and language combinations.
- English to German or German to English from 0.13 euro per word
- Other language combinations from 0.14 euro per word
- Separate prices might apply for translations in specialised fields (see other areas of expertise)
Check for spelling, punctuation, grammar and hyphenation.
- German and English from 0.019 euro per word
- Other languages from 0.022 euro per word
Check for spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence structure and syntax. Acceptable quality of original text is a prerequisite for acceptance of your order.
- German and English from 0.025 euro per word
- Other languages from 0.029 euro per word
- Didactic revision of technical texts from 0.050 Euro per word
- Text: Anonymisation by insertion of random text, e.g. “XXX”, or by replacing the fact with predefined text/pseudonyms - Price on request
- Audio: Anonymisation by insertion of a “beep” or silencing the spot - Price on request
- Video: Anonymisation by insertion of a “black bar” or blurring the area(s) - Price on request
All prices include proofreading and quality control. Possible surcharges for jargon, express delivery and language combinations apply to all products. A minimum price of 75.00 euro per language and product will be charged for assignments with small volumes, with an exception of 60.00 euro for transcriptions in German and in English. Students receive a discount of 10 percent.
Effective 1st February 2023