Your tasks in this new position:
- Applying our client’s policy of copyediting to manuscripts: spelling, grammar, articles/prepositions, punctuation, and word-choice corrections according to certain house rules and standards;
- Copyediting English language pre-prints in LaTeX, working via our client’s online platform;
- Supporting authors from around the world by improving their manuscripts, thereby achieving higher credibility in the scientific community.
- You speak and write English at a native speaker level and have a passion for language.
- You have a university degree in linguistics, English or the natural sciences.
- You have some work experience and are familiar with academic texts.
- You have a keen eye for detail and an excellent command of English mechanics, punctuation, and grammar.
- You are motivated and possess good organizational and time-management skills.
- You are open-minded to learning new technologies for copyediting.
- You can adhere to strict style guides and house rules and quality expectations.
- Knowledge of and experience with a markup-language such as LaTeX or html is a plus.
Very Important aspects we'd prefer you to be knowledgeable of:
- Be technically savvy, adaptive to learning new html software;
- Understanding of VPN, TeamViewer, and Online-Meeting (screen sharing) usage;
- Overall a good grasp on general IT operations;
- Be very responsive and proactive with troubleshooting, and be communicative within a team;
- Have a professional and level-headed approach to challenges.
- Training and mentoring in LaTeX software and expected quality standards;
- A friendly working environment with open-minded colleagues
- A challenging and rewarding job with opportunities to contribute your unique talents
- A secure working position with performance-related allowances, and a family-friendly policy
- Working remotely from home office for maximum productivity and comfort possible under certain circumstances