For a partnership with a publisher of well-established international journals with a focus on geosciences, we are currently recruiting permanent or contract native English speakers for professional language copy-editing. This part-time (30–35 hours/week) and full-time (40hours/week) position is available immediately and open until filled. You studied English language or Geosciences? Applied Linguistics is your thing? Then this might be the job for you!
Your tasks in this new position:
- Light Copy Editing English language pre-prints in LaTeX and liaising with the author(s) where useful or required;
- applying the client’s policy of Lite Copy-Editing to the manuscripts: spelling, grammar, articles/ prepositions, punctuation, and word-choice corrections;
- supporting authors from around the world by improving their manuscripts, thereby achieving higher credibility in the scientific community.
- You speak and write English at a native speaker level and have a passion for language. Knowledge of German and/or other languages is a plus.
- You have a university degree in linguistics or the natural sciences.
- You have some work experience and are familiar with academic texts.
- You have a keen eye for detail and an excellent command of English mechanics, punctuation, and grammar.
- You are motivated and possess good organizational and time-management skills.
- You are open-minded to learning new technologies.
- Knowledge of LaTeX and html or xml texts is a plus.
- training in LaTeX
- a friendly working environment with open-minded colleagues
- a challenging and rewarding job with opportunities to contribute your unique talents
- a secure working position with performance-related allowances, and a family-friendly policy
- working remotely from home office for maximum productivity and comfort possible under certain circumstances
Please send your application with your CV and respective experiences as well as your asking salary to recruitment at the application email below.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
We look forward to hearing from you!
Email Address for Applications:
recruitment(at)msskapstadt.de or marlen.boehm(at)msskapstadt.de
MSS Cape Town – The Language Agency
Roeland Square, Roeland Street, 8001, Cape Town
Fon DTL: +49 531 224593040 | Fon SA: +27 21 4617452
Vacancy Copy Editor Applied Linguistics (English native)
Download Copy Editor Applied Linguistics (English native) job advertisement as PDF.